Monday, October 15, 2007

Changes

I'm re-vamping the links on the right side. Take a look, you know you want to. The most obvious change, I'd assume, is the sudden explosion in links to bands. I love music. I love discovering new music. I love going to live shows (saw Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers last week, Local H for the sixth time two weeks before that & I'd really like to see The Waterboys when they hit Park West in November, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure I'll have the money. Sadness...). So if there's anything over there on the right you've never heard of, check it out. If there are any glaring omissions, let me know and I'll give it a listen. I'll be adding to the book list as time goes on. My original intent was to have a recommended reading list and do some reviews of history books and I really do intend to do that still, but I've been rather busy of late. My long, fruitless job search takes up a bit of time. In the meantime, I'm working on bringing my "3000 Miles to Graceland" story arc to a close over on Right Behind and figure out where to submit some short stories that have been wasting hard drive space on my laptop. I'm also trying to put together a collection of character sketches and scenes from a book I was working on but never had the time to actually write. I'm hoping to have that together in the next six months or so. I'm also thinking about changing the color scheme. White lettering on black makes a lot of sense in the CRT world, as CRT screens are bad for vision and that particular contrast makes the most sense. But now that LCD screens are the norm, I'm finding that the white on black actually kind of sucks. So, yeah... The Mythology Project will be forthcoming. While you wait, might I suggest Fred Clark's dismantling of Left Behind over at Slacktivist, the Cynic Sage's hilarious mockery of Every Man's Battle or David Morgan-Mar's awesome Lego-based shenanigans at Irregular Webcomic! to pass the time? All are very worthwhile. Especially while listening to streaming audio from the Local H website.

No comments: