Thursday, January 15, 2009

Really?

Okay, this is just impressive. Israeli artillery shelled the UN compound in Gaza today. I'll say that again, since nobody else seems to be. Israel shelled the fucking United Nations. And they said, "Ooops, it was an accident," and, "But Hamas shot first, from inside! Blame them!" I found this on Yahoo! News under a link that read, "Israeli airstrikes destroy thousands of pounds of food for refugees." It's not on CNN, it's not on Fox News (which I checked just to see if they were going for the irony angle), it's not on MSNBC. I mean, yeah, a plane crashed and all, but it's possible to have room to report an international incident with possible widespread ramifications on the internet, isn't it? I mean, if someone in Iran opened fire on the UN we'd hear about it, like, before it happened. But, hey, at least MSNBC also filled me in on the important news that the Vatican is reporting less gay behavior in seminaries. That's got to count for something, right?

No comments: