Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things to Do...

Just in case any of my Dallas area homies and/or lurkers are looking for something to do over the next month or so...

The Texas Storytelling Festival kicks off, um, basically today.  So if you happen to be in the neighborhood of Denton, TX, go.  Sadly, it looks like my schedule will pretty much allow me to go on Saturday and only Saturday, since it's been decided by the powers-that-be that my time from 8 am to 5 pm for the latter half of this week is best spent in new employee orientation, thereby requiring me to spend my evening hours actually doing my job.

I could not be more pissed about this.  Just in case anyone's wondering...

Basically, the sad thing about this is that I'll miss Tim Tingle telling ghost stories on Thursday.  Tim Tingle + ghost stories = awesome.  Just in case anyone wants to know...

-------------------------

My good buddies from Seneca are back in the U S, back in the U S, back in the U S of A.*

They're going to be in Dallas at the Amsterdam Bar** on March 25th.  For those who don't like rock shows on a Thursday (and I want to know who you are and why you hate America...), they'll also be at Trinity Hall Dallas on March 27th.  Although Trinity Hall seems to think they're called Senica.  Ah, well...

Also, they're gonna be spending some time in Austin and Houston.  Also, they'll be in Colorado a bunch, since Colorado seems to love 'em, and they'll be in Chicago just in time for my birthday.  Ironic, that.

--------------------------

Since I'm quite ready for some home cookin', Local H is heading south in April.  And you'd better bet your sweet asses I'm getting in my brand-spankin' new Mazda and taking a roadie to Houston on April 18th for that.  Fort Worth, while less exotic, is also a good bet.  Even on a Wednesday.

---------------------------

Also, I offered Jessi Lynn $20 and a membership in the cheese of the month club to come down Dallas way.***  Apparently that wasn't enough.

So, um, if anyone wants to go in with me on, like, $60 and membership in some sort of pork- and/or beer-based monthly mailing club, I'll gladly re-open negotiations...

----------------------------

A little farther out in the future, there's a brand-spanking new storytelling festival that the city of Denison is apparently trying to start called the Texoma Storytelling Festival.  In general, if you're trying to start off a festival on the right foot, then inviting Elizabeth Ellis, Tim Tingle, and Barbara McBride-Smith in is a really, really good idea.

I'm just sayin' is all...

----------------------------

*I might have stolen that from Bren's Facebook status...

**I think this is a first, and hopefully a last.  I linked to two different MySpace sites in one post.  And week...

***No, seriously, this happened.

2 comments:

Trinity Hall said...

Thanks for catching our Typo, we've flogged the webmaster and updated the spelling for Seneca!

Geds said...

Woohoo! My actions have lead to a tiny, but measurable, change in the world...