Monday, April 5, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

That's right.  Opening Day at the Cellblock.

Sadly, I'm within spitting distance of the Ballpark at Arlington.  But I've already got the six games the Palehose will play down here on my White Sox wall calendar.  And today I signed up for MLB.tv Premium.  A hundred and twenty bucks for every ballgame played this year with the home or away broadcast.  In High-Def.  And I can watch the games live or download them to watch later.

That beats the crap out of upping my Dish package last season just to get Comcost Sports Net...

Also, with an Opening Day roster that contains Paul Konerko, Freddy Garcia, Omar Vizquel, Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre, and Jermaine Dye, the White Sox have real potential to be the best team of the year.  Assuming we've recently hopped in the Hot Tub Time Machine and gone back to 2003.

Still...

Baseball, baby.  Baseball.

Also, I find it funny that I care more about April Fool's Day and the Home Opener than I did about whatever those holidays were in between.  What a difference a few years makes.

2 comments:

Fake Al Gore said...

I only cared about Easter because it's one of the few times of the year I go down to see my entire family. It has become more of an annual family reunion to me than a religious holiday.

My wife and I are Texas Rangers fans, and we catch at least two or three games every year. You should join us sometime.

Geds said...

I might have to take you up on that. I was all, "Yay, White Sox games!" Then I realized that going to the ballpark alone makes for three boring hours...