Friday, May 28, 2010

So There's a Problem...

With the idea of doing the Amsterdam on Saturday.

See, this Saturday also marks the start of the Stanley Cup Finals.  And I am the bandwagoniest of the bandwagon fans of the Blackhawks.  Although, to be fair, I have actually been to a Blackhawks game, which is more than I can say about the Bulls, a team I claim far more allegiance to.

But many, many years ago I played a lot of NHL '94 on my Super Nintendo and invariably chose the Blackhawks.  And I always kept up with the latest thing Bill Wirtz was doing to ruin the team.  And I did actually start watching games last season when they were good.  Sometimes.  Generally if I was at Slager's or Brixie's.

And I do know how to pronounce Toews.  It's "taze."  I think.

Maybe.

Anyway, yeah.  Blackhawks.  Stanley Cup.  Game 1.  And the Amsterdam doesn't so much have...well, televisions...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jonathan 'taves'

Big A said...

I still contend Hockey is simply Soccer on ice, and given that Soccer is gay... I have no love for hockey, regardless of the circumstances.

The Everlasting Dave said...

The two comments above mine are both so truthful, I can scarcely wrap my brain around them.

Fake Al Gore said...

This is a little off-topic, but I thought it might interest you.

It is an article about forensic astronomy wherein Donald Olson is mentioned to have investigated Caeser's account of his invasion of Britain.

Narya said...

Check out Second City Hockey for all of your Hawks commentary. The guys who do the site produce the "Committed Indian," which is the successor 'zine/publication to "The Blue Line." They sell it outside the UC before games and it is gloriously profane but also extremely knowledgeable about hockey & the hawks.

Just FYI, resale on the ticketbastard site has the cheapest seat for Sunday at abvout $800, and seats on the glass for over $11,000. Yeah, I know.