Friday, June 25, 2010

And Beauty is Everywhere

She tells me that six months from now she’ll break my heart.

I don’t know if it’s the $2.50 PBRs, the week worth of the Peacemakers, or the fact that it’s been over two years since I last let someone do that, but I want to give her that chance.

Life, my friends, is grand.  Love just might be real.

And, as always, beauty is everywhere.

Also, I don’t know if it’s possible to have a bad time in Fort Worth, Texas.  Although, to be fair, Local H was involved once, Roger Clyne another, and next time it will be Everclear, Randy Rogers, MC Hammer, and Sons of Bill.  So that’s kind of an unfair advantage given to Fort Worth…

Either way, here’s the setlist:

Preacher’s Daughter
I Know You Know
I Don’t Need Another Thrill
Down Together
Hello New Day
Mexico
Your Name on a Grain of Rice
Mercy
Banditos
Better Beautiful than Perfect
Um…I put “Thrill” here, too…that can’t be right…
Beautiful Disaster
Maybe We Should Fall In Love*
Green & Dumb
Easy
Wanted
Americano
Switchblade
Suckerpunch
Mekong
Encore Break
I Do
Nada

Either way, good things happen in Fort Worth, Texas.  And it is my genuine hope that good things will continue to happen in Fort Worth, Texas.

And if my heart gets broken because of an RCPM show in Fort Worth…well…it’s long overdue…

---------------------------

*After “Maybe We Should Fall In Love” Roger called a guy name Robert on stage.  I met Robert at the show in Denton last Friday.  Robert is in a thing with a woman named Lauren, who I also met in Denton.  Robert proposed to Lauren in the middle of an RCPM show.

They are good people.  They are happy together.  And they deserve the absolute best.

So as cliché as it might sound I’d like to raise another round.  And if your bottle’s empty help yourself to mine.  Thank you for your time.  And here’s to life.

2 comments:

Michael Mock said...

"She tells me that six months from now she’ll break my heart."

You know, I'm not sure I really see a problem, here. (It doesn't sound like you do, either.)

One of the funnier pieces of writing advice I've seen is this:

Everybody has a certain amount of Bad Writing in them. The trick is to write it all out of your system, so you can get past it to the good stuff.

I tend to think that romance works much the same way. So... go for it!

Geds said...

To quote Mike Doughty, "What good is life without my heart at risk?"

I think I finally got around to learning that sitting around and trying to protect myself from getting hurt is a waste of time. I also think I've finally learned that fear of a broken heart is pointless.

And, when it gets right down to it, "Six months from now I'll break your heart," is a surprisingly optimistic thing to hear from someone you just met.