Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day Prose

I guess I should have done this on Lincoln's birthday, but I didn't know about it until after. So I'll have to set it up for President's Day. Anyway, I had the distinct pleasure of being in a small room with thirty or forty people the first time Syd Lieberman presented Abraham and Isaac: Sacrifice at Gettysburg as a workshop piece. My interest in history goes back to the first time I read a book about the Civil War in my school library in the third or fourth grade. Some days I think I understand the Civil War about as well as anyone can. Yet I walked out of the room that night with a much greater appreciation for what happened at Gettysburg than I'd had before. It's an excellent story. And if you so desire, visit Syd Lieberman's website. There are plenty of other stories there, too.

No comments: